Archive for April 3, 2013

Stop IRS Garnishment

Written by Channel 11 Houston on April 3rd, 2013. Posted in Irs abatement, Remove tax lien, Tax penalty abatement

Help with back taxes

Did you know that in 1862, in order to support the Civil War effort, Congress enacted the nation’s first income tax law? It is crucial to pay your taxes. If you don’t, you may face fines and penalties from the IRS. If you owe back taxes to IRS and are wondering how can I stop wage garnishment or how to stop irs wage garnishment, keep in mind that you do have options. If you need back taxes help it can be a good idea to consult with a professional for IRS tax relief, such as an IRS lawyer. IRS lawyers can provide you with detailed investigation of your current tax liabilities and they can also help you to determine what steps are necessary to prevent, stop or remove any wage garnishments, levies or liens. IRS garnishment specifically occurs when an employer is ordered to withhold the wages of an indebted employee to send directly to the IRS.

First of all, if you owe back taxes and are facing IRS garnishment, you might want to consider a compromise settlement. However, do note that at least one of three conditions must be met to qualify a taxpayer for consideration of an offer in compromise settlement: doubt as to liability, doubt as to collectibility, or effective tax administration. Furthermore, the offer of compromise requires that an up front twenty percent, non refundable payment plus US$150 be submitted in the case of a cash offer.

If you owe back taxes to the IRS and want to stop IRS garnishment or need IRS debt relief, you may also want to consider an installment agreement. An installment agreement is a program that allows a taxpayer to pay off their outstanding tax liabilities. However, if you owe the IRS money and are considering this kind of agreement, it is important to note that there are several different kinds of installment agreements. A professional, such as an IRS tax lawyer, can help you to determine whether an IA is appropriate for you situation and if so what kind. Overall, if you are facing tax problems and would like to stop IRS garnishment, it can be wise to seek professional guidance from a professional, such as an IRS tax lawyer.
Reference links: